Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My view



Today, we have discussed about the brief history of Internet, how internet has changed societies, different uses of Internet in our daily lives and the statistics of the Internet users in the world. Also, we discussed some of the reasons that make Tanzania to have less number of Internet users compared to Kenya and Uganda "Internet Usage Statistics for Africa".

Moreover, we learn on how to book an online train and air tickets. At first, we booked a train ticket from Helsinki to Turku and later a return plane ticket from Dar es Salaam to Bujumbura. In this respect, we also visited some other websites such as CRDB and NBC.

Unfortunately, we started our workshop a little bit late due to technical problems happened to our computers. Internet went off for sometimes so the trainer (Peik) went through the theoretical parts of the content while waiting for the internet. Therefore, when everything went on the right track my computer had no internet till the end of the day.

Lastly, we learnt on how to keep the history of our websites we visited in a day. And also, we went further on different ways of clearing history of our websites.

My expectations from this workshop are as follows:
 At the end of this workshop I expect to create my own blog. This blog will help me in my teaching. I will be giving my students lots of information through the blog such as materials for extra reading, various academic websites they can access, and class assignment for the group discussion.
 It will help me when I will be teaching Online Radio and TV in my class.
 It will give me skills and knowledge of Internet, so when teaching it will be easy for me to clarify some issues related to internet to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment